GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS RAILWAY BOARD
RBA No.145/2017 No.2016/AC-II/21/8
New Delhi, dated 11-10-2017
General Managers All Zonal Railways and Production Units
Sub: Revision Of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioner as per 7th CPC
Ref: 1. Board’s letter No.2016/F(E)III/1(1)/7 dated 22.5.2017 (RBE No.49/2017) & 11.07/2017 (RBE No.66/2017)
2. Board’s letters of even No. dated 9.6.2017, 19.7.2017 & 25.07.2017 (RBA No.68/2017, 98/2017 & 103/2017)
3.Board (FC) D.O.letter No.2016/AC-II/21/8/PT-III dated 05.09.2017
Instructions have been issued regarding revision of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners in line with 7th CPC recommendations vide Railway Board’s letter under reference above. These instructions envisage ‘suo moto’ revision in pension for all pre-2016 retirees. Till date 151982 pensioners PPO have been revised.
It may be appreciated that against the 14 lakh pensioners cases on Indian Railways, the pace of pension revision is slow. In the recently held review meeting, additional secretary (Expenditure) has also emphasized that adequate priority may be given to this area of work. Finance Secretary also expressed that exercise of pension revision may be completed in a time-bound manner. In this connection, Financial Commissioner, vide his DO letter No.2016/AC-II/21/8/PT-III dated 5.9.2017 has also advised that the exercise of revision may be carried out on a parallel track alongwith ARPAN to expedite the process.
As a welfare measure, it should be ensured to step up with pace for revision of pension. The work flow of pension revision envisages close coordination between the personnel and the accounts Department and hence, it is advised that PCPO and PFA to monitor the progress of revision of pension cases at their level to ensure that pension revision exercise is completed at the earliest.
- My Prime Minister My Gov.
- OMs &orders(Establishment)-DOP(T)
- Bharat Pensioners Samaj
- Important Links
- Directory of pensioners & pensioners Associations
- Media-Electronic & Print
- Railway Servant Pass Rules
- Compendium of frequently asked questions Extracts of Railway Pass and RELHS Rules for Rly Pensioners
- Department of Post M/O Communication & Information Technology
- Department of Tele Communication
- Railway Board Orders/Circulars
- GOI M/O P,PG & Pensions-DOP & PW
- Bharat Pensioners Samaj
- Defence Pensioners
- Senior Citizens
- Court judgements
- BSNL & DOT Pensioners
- Senior Citizens
- 7th CPC ready recknor Tables
- Grievance redressal
- WHO Is WHO
- Pension in India
- Family Pension
- Court Judgements
- BPS WRITES-BPS writies to Prime Minister reg Optio...
- PMO Contact Nos
- Nivaran Grievance redressal portal for present & f...
Monday, October 16, 2017
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS RAILWAY BOARD
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Board level and below Board level posts including non-unionised supervisors in Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs)- Revision of scales of pay w.e.f. 1:11.01.2007 — Payment of IDA at revised rates-regarding.
No. W-02/0002/2014-DPE (WC)-GL-xx/17 Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Department of Public Enterprises
Public Enterprises Bhawan Block 14, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi-I10003
Dated: 5th October, 2017
Subject:-Board level and below Board level posts including non-unionised supervisors in Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs)- Revision of scales of pay w.e.f. 1:11.01.2007 — Payment of IDA at revised rates-regarding
In modification of this Department's O.M. of even No. dated 04.07.2017, the rate of DA payable to the executives and non-unionized supervisors of CPSEs (2007 pay revision) is as
(1) Date from which payable: 01.10.2017
(g) Average AICPI (2001=100) for the quarter June'2017 August' 2017
June, 2017 280
July, 2017 285
August, 2017 285
Average of the quarter 283.33
(h) Link Point: 12633 (as on 01.01.2007)
(I) Increase over link point: 157 (28333 minus 12633)
(1) DA Rate w.e.f. 01.10.2017: 124.3% [(157 +126.33) x 100]
2. The above rate of DA i.e. 124.3% would be applicable in the case of IDA employees who
have been allowed revised pay scales (2007) as per DPE O.M. dated 26.11.2008, 09.02.2009 &
3. All administrative Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India are requested to bring the foregoing to the notice of the CPSEs under their administrative control for necessary action at their end.
(Samsul Hague) Under Secretary
All the administrative Ministries/Departments of the Government of India. Copy to:
6. Chief Executives of Central Public Sector Enterprises.
7. Financial Advisers in the Administrative Ministries/ Departments.
8. Department of Expenditure, E-II Branch, North Block, New Delhi.
9. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 9, Deen Dayal Upadhayay Marg, New Delhi.
10. NIC, DPE with the request to upload this OM on the DPE website.
Friday, October 6, 2017
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Implementation of Government's decision on the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission - Revision of pension of pre- 2016 Pensioners / Family Pensioners etc.-reg.
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Monday, October 2, 2017
7th CPC Fixation of employees in 1S scale of 4440-7440 in GP 1300 (6th CPC) and without GP: Railway Board Order RBE No. 140/2017
The new pay structure notified by Ministry of Finance vide Revised Pay Rules, 2016 has not provided a framework for replacement of existing pay structure of employees in -1S scale of 3 4440-7440 GP 3 1300 (6th C PC) and without GP. Therefore, a proposal for aligning the same on lines of 7th CPC pay structure was forwarded to Implementation Cell/Ministry of Finance, after taking cognizance of the demands raised by Staff Federations.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Friday, September 29, 2017
Thursday, September 28, 2017
7th CPC: Modification of Level-13 of Pay Matrix - Issues IOR, Fitment Factor, Revision of Option etc. - Fin Min Order 28.09.2017
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated, the 28th September, 2017
Subject: Modification of Level-13 of Pay Matrix - Issues regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to the Pay Matrix contained in Part A of the Schedule of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 as promulgated vide notification No. GSR 721 (E) dated 25th July, 2016, where the Level-13 of the Pay Matrix starts at Rs. 1,18,500 at Cell one and ends at Rs. 2,14,100 at Cell twenty one and to state that in terms of CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 promulgated vide GSR 592(E) dated 15.6.2017, the said Level 13 of the Pay Matrix has been modified. The modified Level 13 starts at Rs. 1,23,100 at Cell one, ending at Rs. 2,15,900 at Cell twenty
2. The modified Level-13 in terms of the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 takes effect from 1st January, 2016. Accordingly, the earlier Level-13 of the Pay Matrix as contained in CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 notified on 2572016 and effective from 1st January, 2016 has become non-existent ab-initio with the promulgation of the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017.
The modified Level 13 is an improvement on the earlier Level 13 inasmuch as the earlier Level 13 is based on the ‘Index of Rationalisation' (IOR) of 2.57, whereas the modified Level 13 is based on the IOR of 2.67. It is for this reason of improvement that the modified Level 13 begins at Rs. 1,23,100, as against the earlier one which began at Rs. 1,18,500.
3. Consequent upon the aforesaid modification of Level 13 in terms of the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 effective from 1.1.2016 and the resultant re-fixation of pay therein in supersession of the earlier pay fixation, references have been received from Ministries/Departments seeking clarifications on certain issues. These issues and the decisions thereon are brought in the succeeding paragraphs.
Issue No. 1 - Whether pay in the Level-13 is to be fixed by multiplying by a factor of 2.57 or 2.67
4. The 7th Central Pay Commission, while formulating the various Levels contained in the Pay Matrix, corresponding to the pre-Revised pay structure, used "Index Of Rationalization" (IOR) to arrive at the starting Cell of each Level (The 1st Cell) of The Pay Matrix. This IOR has been applied by The Commission on the minimum entry pay corresponding to the successive Grades Pay in the pre-revised pay structure. In Level-13 of the Pay Matrix, as formulated by The 7th CPC and as accepted by the Government in terms of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 promulgated vide notification dt. 25.7.2016, the IOR was 2.57. The IOR in respect of both Levels 12 and Level 13-A, i.e., Levels immediately lower and immediately higher than Level-13, is 2.67. Therefore, the modified Level-13 in terms of the Pay Matrix contained in the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 has also been formulated based on the IOR of 2.67.
5. While the concept of the IOR, as applied by The 7th CPC, is exclusively in regard to formulation of the Levels in Pay Matrix, the formula for fixation of pay in The Pay MaTrix based on The basic pay drawn in The pre-revised pay structure for the purpose of migration to the Pay Matrix, as recommended by the 7th CPC, is based on the fitment factor of 2.57. The Commission recommends - “This fitment factor of 2.57 is being proposed to be applied uniformly for all employees. Accordingly, Rule 7 (1)(A)(i) of The CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, relating to fixation of pay in the revised pay structure, clearly provides that in case of all employees the pay in the applicable level in the Pay Matrix shall be the pay obtained by multiplying the existing pay by a factor of 2.57
6. Thus, the fitment factor for the purpose of fixation of pay in all the Levels of Pay Matrix in the revised pay structure is altogether different from the IOR. The fitment factor of, 2.57 is uniformly applicable for all employees for the purpose of fixation of pay in all the Levels of Pay Matrix. This has no relation with the "IOR". The formula for fixation of pay based on the fitment factor of 2.57, as contained in Rule 7(1)(A)(i) of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, has not been modified by the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017.
7. Accordingly, pay in The Level-13 of the Pay Matrix, as provided for in the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017, shall continue to be fixed based on the fitment factor of 2.57 as already provided for in Rule 7(1) (A) (i) of CCS(RP) Rules, 2016. In case pay has been fixed in the modified Level-13 by way of fitment factor of 2.67, the same is contrary to the Rules and is liable to be rectified and excess amount recovered forthwith.
Issue No. 2 Pay re-fixed in the modified Level-13 working out lower than the pay fixed in the earlier Level-13
8. As mentioned above, earlier Level 13 in operation before the coming into force of CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 promulgated vide notification dt. 15.6.2017, has become non-existent ab-initio and the modified Level 13 as contained in CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 is the applicable Level 13 from 1.1.2016. Therefore, the earlier Level 13 is extinct and, hence, no employee can retain the same consequent upon promulgation of CCS(Revised Pay Amendment) Rules, 2017.
9. As such, pay in respect of those, who are entitled to Level 13 either from 1.1.2016 or from any date later than 1.1.2016, has to be re-fixed in the modified Level 13 and the pay as earlier fixed in the earlier Level 13 gets automatically rescinded. Therefore, pay, as fixed in the modified Level 13 in terms of Rule 7 of the CCS(RP)Rules, 2016 in case of those who were drawing pay in the pre-revised pay structure in PB-4 plus Grade Pay of Rs. 8700 as on 31.12.2015 or in terms of Rule 13 thereof in case of those promoted to Level 13 on or after 1.1.2016, shall now be the pay for all purposes.
10. However, a few instances have been brought to the notice of this Ministry, where pay fixed in the modified Level-13 contained in CCS (RP) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 works out less than the pay fixed in the earlier Level-13 before promulgation of this amendment.
11. The pay fixed strictly in terms of the applicable provisions of CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 in the earlier Level-13 before promulgation of CCS(Revised Pay)(Amendment) Rules, 2017, was the pay before the date of promulgation of the said Amendment Rules on 15.6.2017. As pay is now required to be re-fixed in the Level-13 contained in the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017, any overpayment, if taking place, consequent upon such re-fixation is not attributable to the concerned employee.
12. Accordingly, it has been decided that if the pay re-fixed strictly as per Rule 7 or Rules 13, as the case may be, of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 in the Level-13 based on the Pay Matrix contained in the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 ( as per the fitment factor of 2.57) happens to be lower than the pay as earlier fixed as per the said Rules ( fitment factor of 2.57) in the earlier Level-13, then while the pay as re-fixed shall be the pay as applicable to the concerned employee for all purposes, any recovery of over payment on account of such re-fixation during the period up to 30.6.2017, the month in which the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 has been issued, shall be waived.
13. The cases of employees who retired on or after 1.1.2016 and up to 30.6.2017 and if covered under para 12 above, shall be processed as per Rule 70 of the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972.
Issue No. 3 - Re-exercise of option for coming over to the Revised Pay structure in case of Level 13
14. A reference has been received whether in view of the modification in the Level 13 in terms of the CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 promulgated on 15.6.2017 with effect from 1.1.2016, the date of effect of the revised pay structure contained in CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, the employees who are entitled to the Level 13 on 1.1.2016 may be given fresh option to come over to the revised pay structure in case of modified Level 13.
15. The matter has been considered and it has been decided that since the modification of the Level 13 as per CCS(Revised Pay) (Amendment) Rules, 2017 is a material change, the employees, who were entitled to Level 13 as on 1.1.2016 and who had already opted for the earlier Level-13 as per Rules 5 and
6 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016, shall be given an opportunity for re-exercise of their option thereunder. Such an option may be exercised within three months from the date of issue of these orders.
16. In their application to employees belonging to the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
17. Hindi version of these orders is attached.
(Amar Nath Singh)
Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners - Revised rate effective from 1.7.2017. dt:.28.09.2017
6. Other provisions governing grant of DR in respect of employed family pensioners and re
12. Hindi version will follow.