‘Denied’ treatment over Aadhaar, Kargil war widow dies, probe on

  • 31 Dec 2017
  • Gurgaon
  • HT Correspondent letterschd@hindustantimes.com

‘Denied’ treatment over Aadhaar, Kargil war widow dies, probe on


The hospital insisted to see her Aadhaar card before starting the treatment. I told the administration I did not have the Aadhaar at the time but showed its copy on my mobile... But they did not admit her.
ROHTAK : Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar has ordered an inquiry after the son of a Kargil martyr alleged that his 55-yearold mother died after being denied treatment at a Sonepat hospital as she did not have her Aadhaar with her at the time.
The woman’s son, Pavan Kumar, alleged that he had taken his mother Shakuntala Devi to a private hospital. “The hospital insisted to see her Aadhaar card before starting the treatment. I told them I did not have the Aadhaar card at the time but showed its copy to the hospital administration
PAVAN KUMAR, deceased’s son
on my mobile phone and promised to get it within an hour,” Kumar said. “But they did not admit her. I begged them to start my mother’s treatment, but they called the security to manhandle me,” he said.
No wanting to waste anymore time, Kumar said he then took his mother to another hospital, but she passed away on the way.
CM Khattar, said, “I have received information about it. We will conduct an inquiry and punish those found guilty.” However, a doctor at the hospital said: “Aadhaar is mandatory for documentation, but not for treatment. We have never denied treatment to anyone without Aadhaar ”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREAT HOPE : Grant of notional increment to govt servants Superanuated on 30th june or 31st December-reg dated 26th June 2023