GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi,the 5th December,2016
S.O.In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the president hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Railway Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall be deemed to have come into force on the 17th day of September, 2015.
2. In the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993, in Form-1:-
(a) in serial No.7, for item (a), the following shall be substituted, namely:
“(a) (i) Name of organisation (firm or company or co-operative society, etc.);
(ii) Brief nature of the organisation;
(iii) Full address of the registered office of the organisation.
(iv) Permanent Account Number or Tax Indentification Number or Registration Number of the organisation”;
(b) For serial number 9, the following shall be substitued, namely:-
I hereby declare that–
(a) I have not been privy to sensitive or strategic information in the last three years of service, which is directly related to the areas of interest or work of the organisation that I propose to join or to the areas in which I propose to practice or consult.
(b) The proposed employment will not involve conflict of interest with the policies of the office held by me during the last three years and the interest represented or work undertaken by the organisation I propose to join will not bring me into conflict with the working of the Government.
(c) The organisation in which I am seeking employment is not involved in activities which are in conflict with or prejudicial to India’s foreign relations, national security and domestic harmony. The organisation is not undertaking any activity for intelligence gathering. The employment, which I propose to take up with the organisation also will not entail activities which are in conflict with or involve activities prejudicial to India’s foreign relations, national security and domestic harmony.
(d) My service record is clear, particularly with respect to integrity and dealings with Non-Government Organisations.
(e) The proposed emoluments and pecuniary benefits are in conformity with the industry standards.
(f) I agree to with draw from the commercial employment in case of any objection by the Government.
I hereby solemnly declare that the above information is true to the best of may knowlege and belief and that no material information has been concealed. In the event of any of the information being found to be false, the permission may be withdrawn without assigning any reason and without prejudice to any other action that the Government may consider appropriate, including action under the Railway Services (pension) Rules, 1993 and criminal proceedings.
Address of the Applicant
Signature of applicant
Address of the applicant”.
1. The Railway Services (pension) Rules, 1993 came into force on the 3rd December, 1993.
2. In order to maintain uniformity with the Department of Personnel and Training’s Notification on the issue published in the Gazette of India, vide number S.O.713(E) dated the 17th September,2015, this notification is given retrospective effect from the 17th September,2015.
3. The amendments to the said rules with retrospective effect will not adversely affect the interest of any person.
Executive Director Estt. (IR)