National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI - 110 055
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF)
Minimum Wage of Rs.26000/- and Open Ended
JCM DELEGATION PROPOSED BEFORE THE 7TH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION
During 2 days deliberations on 23rd & 24th March, 2015, the JCM (Staff Side) delegation have pleaded before the 7th Central Pay Commission to recommend minimum wage of Rs. 26,000/- per month on the basis of 15th ILC Norms/Aykroyd Formula. Some of the important submissions made before the Pay Commission are listed below:
- Wage ratio between the lowest and highest should be 1:8.
- pay scales and allowances should be given effect from 01/01/2014.
- 3.7 multiplication factor should be applied to arrive at the revised pay. Special Pay concept should be restored back.
- HRA should be revised to 60%, 40% and 20% of pay for ‘X’ ‘Y’ and ‘Z’ class localities/cities respectively.
- Children Education Allowance should be revised and extended to cover higher studies also.
- Increment rate should be 5% of pay.
- Five promotions during service.
- Special Duty Allowance for North Eastern Region be revised to 37-1/2%.
- House Building Amount should be increased and should be reduced.
- 6th CPC Anomalies may be got addressed through a special mechanism.
- Flexi timings for women employees besides additional leave facilities etc.,
- Pay Commission was urged to recommend parity in Pension.
- Minimum Pension should be fixed at 67% of last pay drawn.
- Gratuity amount should be upwardly revised.
All the issues contained in the J CM memorandum were explained to the Commission with cogent logic, merits and Precedents. S/Shri M. Raghavaiah, Leader JCM (Staff Side), Guman Singh, NFIR President, R.P. Bhatnagar, Working President and BC. Sharma, Joint General Secretary have participated in the deliberations.
Dated : 28/03/2015 V
(Dr M. Raghavaiah)